Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Projects.....

We are finished with all of our big home renovations, but it seems like there are always small things that need to be done!
(The bunk bedding is in the wash.)
 
 
The boys' room is a work in progress.  Marc and Matthew put new ceilings up about a month ago which made the walls look bad. (What is it about a project that leads to another project.... which leads to another project.... :)   )
 

This bed is just waiting for more foster kiddos!  However, we are contemplating building some new bunk beds with built in drawers.  I'm just thinking through how to make the most of our space!  This room is very large, but we have a lot of boys! :)


I have eliminated about as much clutter as I can.  I minimized Macheus' clothes over the weekend, but I still need to do the others.




Books.... I love books!  This little stand holds the board books.  I didn't take a picture of the closet because it is still a mess. :)  The clothes are pretty orderly (although need to be minimized!), but we have large bookshelves full of books that need to be sorted!  Marc is going to build some sturdier shelves and that will motivate me to go through them!


You can see a tiny part of the closet in this picture.  The basket in the corner holds dress up clothes for the boys... camo hats, Indian outfit, bandanas and cowboy hats.  That kind of stuff drives me nuts, but they love playing with it.  I've told them as long as they keep it in the basket  they can keep it.
Under the big bed is a basket of trains and a box of matchbox cars.  We have a storage room that houses a large container of Legos and a large container of wooden blocks, tinker toys and Lincoln logs.  They have to get permission to get them out and they have to be put away when finished.  It has helped keep their room tidy.  I've minimized their toys about as much as possible.  They do play with their stuff!
I am glad that this little project is finished!  We plan to travel some this summer and enjoy the kids, but I do want to get a few little things done!  I am hoping to paint our piano soon!

If you are a minimalist I would love to hear your tips!  Clothes and books are what I will be working on next!

No comments: