Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday evening ramblings...

Today was a beautiful day.......
 
 
Church this morning, covered dish afterwards, and then an afternoon with family.


Over the winter we pulled everything up out of this flower bed and prepared it to start over this spring.  We have planted knock out roses, gardenia bushes, Mexican heather, day lilies, and a few other annuals.  Our soil was really sandy there so we hauled in a bunch of dirt hoping to help the plants thrive.

I absolutely love this time of year and I LOVE flowers!  My grandmother loved gardening. I wish I could've known her. :(


Madeline has taken over our vegetable garden this year.  She has really worked hard. I hope she has success!


I was going to pitch this little shelf that has been on our front porch for the past several years.  (My minimalism carried out to the porches and I pitched all of my old pots!)  I decided to keep it, and a bird has built a nest inside the birdhouse. We now have six eggs in there!  I'm sure when it is all said and done I will have poop all over it.  So for now we will enjoy watching the babies hatch and grow up. Once they leave.... the house will too!


I have a section in our courtyard with established knock-out roses.  They have been full of blooms this spring.


We took the baby on his first walk down the road today.


Mariah was heading up to a down the street neighbor's house to take some lemon pie to them. I think I've posted about the elderly man down the street named "Mr. W" on here before.  He passed away in January and has left a very elderly wife and an invalid daughter living alone.  We try to check in on them when we can.  Mariah ended up cooking their dinner for them, washing the dishes and taking out the trash. I love her heart to serve.


While she was helping them we sat at the pond and watched birds flying around dipping into the water.  Life is so busy and fast paced.  It was so fun to just sit and laugh at the antics of those little birds!


                                 Madeline the "cow whisperer". :)

                                
                                                             Reflections....

 
Oh how we already love this precious baby boy.
 

Macheus in front of my day lilies that the horses snacked on.  Someone forgot to close the gate!


                                   So many sweet memories sitting on this front porch.


The boys have baseball fever this year and Matthew is enjoying sharing his love of it with them!


Thankful that he spends time with them.


                                                               Boys = dirt


                                                     I love these fellows!


                                              Another "leftie" ball player.


Mariah rocking sweet baby boy on the porch.  He slept most of the day. I may be in for it tonight!


Always hate for the day to end.....



~Goodnight


No comments: