Friday, May 11, 2018

Spring projects...

I always gear up for projects when the school year winds down.  I recently cleaned out our office/classroom.
 

I painted the walls a soft gray color that looks much cleaner than the tan  that it was before!  I threw a bunch of stuff away and it is a more peaceful atmosphere now.


Books!  The one thing that I rarely declutter!  This is our G. A. Henty collection and some of our other wonderful books that we all enjoy so much!


These windows had sheers on them for years.  I took them down and liked it so much that we left them down!  Nobody can see in our windows from the road anyway so it is so nice to have this view during school!


Then there is our bedroom.... I wish I had taken some before pics.  Along this wall there used to be two small walk-in closets.  We have another large walk-in closet and all it did was allow too much space to keep too much stuff!  Our son-in-law busted them out a couple of months ago!  I wish we hadn't waited so long.


I ended up hauling a ton of stuff off to donate and figured out other places for some of the stuff.  It has worked out just fine not having those extra closets!


When he busted them out we had no idea one of the walls was where the plumbing for the upstairs bathroom was. :(  It was a stressful few minutes.  I should've taken a picture of Daniel's face when he realized it. Marc hired a plumber to come out and reroute it and all was well. Of course, that makes it sound super simple and it wasn't, but at least it was workable!


He talked me into doing the accent shiplap wall.  I really like it a lot!  I figure if I ever get tired of them we can always go back to sheetrock.

 
We also are slowly replacing popcorn ceilings. Ugh... why on earth does anyone do those!  Along with the new ceiling we put in a new ceiling fan. It is lighter and cleaner looking than what we had before, and I sold our old one and made a chunk to go towards the new one!  Score!

I love projects like this!  It always makes me clean stuff out that I might not otherwise take notice to.  I also kept my walls a little more bare and I like that.  We did the same gray in this room and it is a very airy and peaceful look now!

Well, that is all for today!
 

No comments: