Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter 2018

Easter is my most favorite time of the year! 
 

I kept Myles' hands busy with untangling ornaments and decorating his late grandma's "Easter tree".  I remember Sunday afternoons spent at her house with my oldest children decorating this little tree for her. 


Coloring Easter eggs is always a favorite this time of year!  This year Mariah's friend Margaret joined us for a little coloring fun! :)


 
I love how the brown eggs turn out.  The colors are so pretty!
 

 
Because of a crazy schedule I decided to give the kids their Easter baskets Friday afternoon.  The big "kids" that still live at home get baskets but the contents changed a bit. :)
 
 
I leave the basket filling for their parents but it was still fun to get some prizes for the grandbabies!  Elizabeth was tired and cried. LOL.... :)
 

Her dresses and books weren't nearly as interesting as the candy in "Aunt Lou's" basket!



The boys were happy with all of their treasures!


Not sure what I was thinking getting the two littlest harmonicas but they have had a blast with them.


Kept them busy all afternoon.....



Matthew's was the best!  I had been telling him that his underwear needed to be replaced.  He wouldn't buy any so that is what he got in his basket!  (Along with toothpaste, aftershave and some chocolate!)  He said he didn't care because now he didn't have to spend money on it.  #adulting

 
Easter morning I snapped a few pictures on the front porch.
 

I loved their matching shirts but wished that Belks had one in Macheus' size.


                                                     He still was a cutie!  :)


All the guys.............

And the six kiddos still at home.


                                                        Mariah


                                                            Matthew


                                                   My handsome man.....


I'm so glad that we thought to get these pictures after church! And. SO glad that my dad is in one!


Us with our sweet grandbabies!  Elizabeth's dress was her mama's second Easter dress!  She looks so much like her that it was almost strange seeing her in it.


                                                            My girls.


Is this not just the cutest little family ever!? :)


After church we had lunch together at our house and then the kiddos had an Easter egg hunt.



Grandpa enjoyed watching everyone from the front porch.


"Pop" playing with sweet little Elliott.


Macheus is so sweet with him.  I know they will be good buddies!


McKenzie always cracks me up.  Madeline was hunting eggs with Elizabeth and the two bigger boys were running around getting eggs fast.  She was worried Macheus wasn't getting his fair share so she grabbed his arm and drug him around the yard helping him.  He was pretty content with just a few. :)

 
Your mama might be a health nut if you get organic gummies in your eggs. :)
 
 
Found this on my phone after Easter.  Love these kids!
 

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3
 
I hope you all had a blessed Easter with your family!

~Until next time.....

No comments: