Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday evening ramblings...

We just got back from the home school conference in Atlanta.  We usually go for the whole conference but this year I just didn't really want to go.  It is hard for me to pull my curriculum together without going so I took a few of the kids and drove up for the day. 
 

We use any excuse to go to Chipotle to eat!  Macheus would've rather eaten at Chick fil A but we overruled!


Madeline was a huge help to me thinking through everything. She helps with some of the boys' schooling and it is a huge blessing!  She is super excited about teaching them Apologia Astronomy over the summer.  She reminded me that I did it with the older ones during a summer break and she has fond memories.  I was like.... have at it! :)

 
We spent two hours running around getting everything we needed and then headed home!  Macheus managed to score a few "freebies" and a few prizes that he talked me into buying.  He's not a bit spoiled! :)
 
 
The Atlanta traffic was awful.  I am always reminded after a trip up there to be grateful for where we live.  We are blessed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Marc took these two guys camping for spring break this week.  Matthew had to work all week but got off this evening and joined them for the remainder of their time.  I'm thankful that Marc takes the time to do this kind of stuff with the boys.  I know they will always have good memories of their adventures!
                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Speaking of Matthew and work.... he is really enjoying his new job.  It isn't really in the field that he studied in school but it has the potential to be a really good career.  He finishes up his second (and last) degree in Aircraft Management and Logistics next year.  Excited to see what the Lord has in store for him. 
                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

McKenzie had to do a photo shoot yesterday so the babies came to stay with us.  Elizabeth and Macheus had fun playing outside together.  They are so sweet to watch.


I cleaned out and painted our office/classroom.  I need to be painting one of the desks right now.  We stopped by Lowes on the way home today to get furniture paint.  I plan to get a coat on one of the desks and then I'm going to bed!


                                         I will take some pictures and post sometime.

 
This is a busy time of year on our little farm.  The dairy goats have had their babies and that means lots of work for Madeline and Mariah.  We will keep the one female that we got this year and sell off all of the males.
 

The best thing about having phones these days are the random "real life" pictures that we have.  They are my favorites! :)

 
Like that one day that he was out running errands with me and I decided to go get a pedicure.  He was a little mortified that the lady told him to sit in the chair next to me.  He did school work while I had a few minutes of pampering.  I'm definitely not a "princess" kind of gal.... but being a runner, a pedicure is my one indulgence! :)
 
 
The other night Matthew and Madeline talked me into going to see God's Not Dead 3 with them.  I'm not a huge movie watcher.... at the theater or at home.  It was pretty good. but I mostly just enjoyed being with my big kids!
 

I walked into my bedroom the other night and Mac was looking at this Children's Bible lost in thought.  He then very dramatically swept his hand across the pages and said, "Trouble!  All of them are trouble since they got that fruit!"  He was being so serious.  :)

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
And this is what happens when you are trying to go out for your morning run and you can't find your favorite running shorts! :)
 
 
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this... is a picture from last week when I walked into the office and Malachi said he feels sort of "presidential" when he sits at his desk.  Which reminds me..............


I need to get off of here and  get that coat of paint on it so I can go to bed!

~Goodnight.............

No comments: