Friday, January 8, 2010

Birthday pictures

Here are a few pictures from our New Year's Eve birthday (Matt) and New Year's Day birthday (Mariah.) We always stay home on Matthew's birthday and watch movies. This year he requested tator tot casserole for dinner. We had chex mix and ice cream pie! We stayed up until midnight (all but the youngest three). Usually, Marc goes outside at midnight and shoots the shotgun (I know, kind of redneckish.) Last year on New Year's Eve Marc made the statement "This is going to be a GREAT year for the Maynors!" It ended up being a pretty rough year for us! This year we told him to please be quiet! :>) Actually, we really were kind of glad to see 2009 go and a new year begin. While I am grateful for the Lord's protection through the different accidents, it was not something I want to ever go through again! Of course, the best part of our year was the birth of Myles. This year when the clock struck midnight we talked about goals we all had for the year and we had a prayer time. No shotgun this year.......
Then on New Year's day we went with a couple of families from church to go ice skating. Our children had never been ice skating (the younger ones have never even been roller skating!) They all hugged the wall for a little while, but it didn't take long for them to get used to it.


The birthday girl!
McKenzie and Matt


Madeline

McKenzie and her friend Rebecca.

Hanging on tight!


Worn out!
Mariah is such a funny little girl. Last year before her birthday she told me she wanted a lemon cake. I made her a lemon pound cake. She didn't like it. This year I asked her what kind of a cake she wanted and she said she wanted an oreo milkshake! So........... that is what she had! :>)
Here she is having her milkshake with her Indian costume on. She LOVES Indians!

Besides the cold weather I am enjoying January. I love Christmas but I get tired of the hustle and bustle. It is always nice for things to settle down, and I like getting my house cleaned up and organized! I went from having the baby to the whirlwind after the wreck and then the holidays. We are finished with doctor appointments and life finally seems to be "normal" again. Marc always encourages us to set goals for the new year. A few years ago I read the Bible all the way through. (Although, it did take me a little over a year.) Last year I tried to do it again, but with the baby in the fall I didn't finish it. Here are a few of my goals for 2010:
Be more consistent with my Bible reading.
Organize my house/schedule better.
Lose my last 5 lbs of baby weight!
Drink more water.
Eat less sugar (might help with the 5 lbs!:>)
Nothing that great, but I figure any improvement is better than nothing at all!
Hope you all have a healthy and blessed 2010!

2 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

Eating less sugar is one of my resolutions too. Drinking water is one that I haven't thought of but definatley need to do! You don't look like you have any baby weight to loose at all! I think you look great!
Abigail

Marc said...

Live each day as if you were going to die at 6:00pm. We are to cherish the few moments we have with our children. This year we need to slow down and soak up the memories.

Love ya,

Marc