Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Mariah!!

Yes, we have back to back birthdays at our house. Matthew was born on New Year's Eve and Mariah came 7 years later on New Year's Day. (Would you believe I had a stranger ask me if we planned that!?) The day that Matthew turned 7 years old I was 9 months pregnant with Mariah. I had an appointment with my midwife that day. She checked me and said I was 5 1/2 centimeters and that she would break my water and have the baby that day. I in my emotional state said I needed to go home and celebrate Matthew's birthday first. Matthew wanted her to be born on his birthday (now he is glad they have their own!:>) We had his little party and later that night the contractions got worse. After I got everyone to bed we headed out on a dark, rainy New Year's Eve to the hospital. My midwife broke my water and shortly after midnight Mariah Noel entered the world! (She made the newspaper for being the first baby born at that hospital for the new year.) She was born with a head full of black hair (you would never know it now with her long blond hair!) She has been such a fun little girl. She is always making us laugh. It is neat to see each child and how different their personalities are. She is definitely one that brings life to our family! We Love you "Ri Ri"!
Mariah 5 years.
This is Mariah on her 6th birthday. Someone gave her this crown when she was born and we always take her picture on her birthday with it on.


This Christmas with her new bike (above) and her new pink horse stuff (below.)



After Mariah was kicked by a horse in August she had restrictions with her activities for several months. This picture was her first ride after her spleen healed. She was SO happy to be back on Abasha. Abasha is our oldest daughters first horse. I overheard a conversation Mariah had with McKenzie the other day. Mariah asked her if Abasha would go to heaven. McKenzie tried to explain that animals don't have souls. Mariah said, "What is the point then." She was so upset. She absolutely loves Abasha!


(Notice the bare feet! This horse is one in a million!)



Mariah loves babies. She told me the other day that when she grows up she wants a baby that looks just like mine and she was going to name him Myles too. I loved the lighting on the picture below. I can't take credit though, McKenzie took it! :>)


We spent the day today ice skating with some friends from church. The children had never ice skated before. They did pretty good and had lots of fun. I will share pictures from our day later!
Happy New Year!

No comments: