Thursday, January 10, 2019

Life with boys...

 
is never dull....
 

We made "snow"... it was lots of fun until he decided he would throw "snow balls" in the kitchen.:)


Then it wasn't so much fun when he had to sweep.


Later that same day I discovered a bunch of white flour left over from Christmas all over my pantry floor.  Then I saw this....


and he thought it was lots of fun until he had to sweep all of my floors.:)  I have clean floors this week!


This (not so little) fellow has grown up so much!  He is such a hard worker, and he was rewarded this morning when he found this little clutch of eggs!  We bought him about 30 baby chicks last spring.  He lost 20 due to a parasite, but he faithfully took care of the last ten once he knew what was wrong.  He has been letting them free range during the day and they are finally laying! 
Madeline has been our "chicken girl" for years, but with so many other responsibilities she passed it on to Malachi.  He has learned a lot and is looking forward to ordering again this spring!




~Until next time....

2 comments:

Matthew said...

There was one time when I was about 10 or 12 I refilled a canister of flour for mom but didn't take the lid... Coming back up I tripped as I turned the corner at the top of the basement stairs--landed on my face with flour covering nearly the entire family room! It really was an accident so I got help cleaning up the mess, but not before Dad took pictures...he thought it was so funny! Needless to say, now we make sure the lid goes along when the flour canister get refilled!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I miss having chickens! I remember just sitting and watching them. They always made me laugh!