Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy Birthday....

to Matthew and ringing in the New Year!!!

 
This "kid" has been such a pleasure to raise!  I know I'm a bit biased but he is a pretty great guy!  We whizzed through the teen years without any rebellion, he loves Jesus, works hard, loves his family..... what else can we ask for!  (Well, he is a bit messy. :)
 
 
He comes into my room most every evening to chat  before heading back to his house. He loves to talk and sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!  The above picture is when he was searching for a new restaurant to eat at for his birthday.
 

He has a gym at his work place that he uses most every day.  He has been asking me for months to go with him, and I'm always so busy that I just go running in the mornings.  He told me he wanted me to go on his birthday.... so I went! :)  We had fun working out and doing silly boomerang videos of him lifting weights.

 
Afterwards we went home to get showered and pick Marc up, and then we headed to eat some Greek food!
 

That evening the family all gathered at our house for the birthday celebration, snacks and movies to welcome in 2019!


                                                        Brothers <3 p="">

                                        I love these humans!

 
He usually requests ice cream pie.  Madeline tripled it and made a huge casserole! :)
 

                                                          Make a wish....

 
 Grandpa
 

The company he works for gave him a gift card for his birthday, and while we were out he went and bought new tennis shoes.  I completely forgot that the girls bought him a pair for his birthday!  This was pretty funny! He was happy to return his and get his money back! :0


Since the time he was a toddler I have saved his t-shirts.  He has always loved t-shirts and I managed to save some that were not in terrible shape with the hopes of making a quilt one day. Well, a couple of years ago I got them out of the attic and decided to dive in!  I'm NOT a seamstress, so McKenzie and a friend of mine helped walk me through it.  I worked on it off and on for a couple of years, but I finally finished it in time for his birthday!


Matthew is pretty sentimental and was very happy with it! Those squares all have a story.... so many sweet memories.

 


The guys watched a movie in another room, but the girls and grandpa watched "Driving Miss Daisy".


We watched the countdown.... Matthew shot his gun... and we listened to "Auld Lang Syne".  Mariah teared up when she looked over at grandpa singing as he looked around the room at everyone.  I told her he probably wonders if he will be around for another year.... at 93 you never know!  It made her sad so she ran over to take a picture with him.<3 p="">
 
Well, that was our New Year's Eve,,,, but most importantly celebrating our Matthew!  I'm so thankful the Lord made him ours!

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Happy Birthday Matthew, Happy New Year to you all and happy memories made <3