Friday, January 12, 2018

Winter happenings...

Well, we are well into the new year.  I intended to write a new year's post but that hasn't happened. I was pondering if I had any goals for the new year that I wanted to work on.  I am a perfectionist so in my mind if I am not going to really try to work on a new goal, I'd rather not even make one.  Sounds lame.... but that is just the way I think. :)
 

I recently took the boys to the puppet museum in Atlanta.  It was well worth the drive!  They enjoyed the museum and crafts, but the puppet show was SO well done!


So, back to my new year's goals.  I always want to add a different kind of exercise.  I have been a pretty serious runner (I average about 58-62 miles a week.) for the past two decades!  I really need to "trick" my body by switching it up some.  I just love running!  I would like to start doing some kettle bells and other weights this year. 


The retro televisions were pretty funny to see!  Comparing them to the sleek televisions of today.  It is funny to think about my grandparents with their huge floor television and how the repairman would come work on it.  Now we just throw them in the trash. :(

 
The boys love to eat at the Varsity whenever we happen to be in downtown Atlanta! 
 

This was the actual Big Bird that was used in the 70's when I would've been watching.  Pretty funny!


 
Back to my goals.... I always try to make it a goal to drink more water. It is so much easier in the warmer months!  I do not enjoy winter.... at all!  We have had some colder than usual weather for where we live. We are in a little bit of a warmer spell right now but cold is coming again this weekend. I could hibernate until spring!
 
 
The above picture was another day when I took the two youngest to their first ever movie at the theater!  We went to see "Ferdinand". Macheus got the book for Christmas.  The movie was cute.  Of course, Hollywood can't produce anything without a bit of stupidity.  There were just a few things but they went over their heads.
 

Mariah got her permit last week!  She was so nervous but she passed it the first time!  Now the fun begins.  She won't be getting a license at 16 (We make our kids practice, practice, practice!!! but it has paid off!)  The oldest three have never had an accident.  The roads are so scary with so many distracted drivers!  Hopefully, Marc will do most of the practicing with her. I do not do well, and the kids would much prefer their daddy teach them.

 
Colder weather  mixed with rain means more inside time with the boys!  Not fun!!!  We have been trying to keep them busy. No better way than to make them do some cleaning!
My other goals for the new year are to be more diligent with consistent Bible reading. That is so hard for me!  There are always distractions and I have such a hard time focusing.  I also want to have a  more organized routine at home.  It was so much easier when everyone was younger and we were all doing the same thing. I now have a grown daughter with grandbabies in and out, college age kiddos that work and you never know what they are going to be doing, Mariah is taking two different instruments this year.... just so many things keeping my life hectic!  I miss the simplicity of the past.  But here we are... this is the life I have now and I need to adjust.  I try to be more flexible but that doesn't come easy for me. I like routine and order!  Cleaning out and going the extra mile towards "minimalism" has helped a lot.  We have hauled off, thrown away and sold a ton of stuff!  I look around and honestly don't know how it all fit into the house.  Our attic is for the most part done, closets are better.  The boys still have too many clothes. I'm trying to buy less and sell what we don't need. It is a work in progress. I will post some pictures of things we have done another day.
Well, I better go get busy!
~Until next time.....

No comments: