Friday, January 19, 2018

Snowy day

So here in the "sunny" south we had a little snow this week!  We have had a colder than normal winter for this area.  I run in the mornings and I have actually gotten use to running in the 20's and it feels "warm" when it's in the 30's!  I am o-v-e-r it!!!  Itchy skin, chapped lips,  cooped up.... I just don't like winter.  However, if it is going to be cold we may as well have a little snow!
 

 When I got up at 6:30 it was starting to spit just a little bit of flurries.  The boys got up around 7:00 screaming, "It's a blizzard!"  They were so excited!


Two in their jammies and one in shorts! :)


It was a slow pace with everyone home together including daddy!  Matthew was the only one that had to report to work. :)
 
 
Breakfast while watching the snow fall....
 
 
Mariah is the morning milker. The kids rarely complain about their animal chores.

 
                                     Starting to look a little "white-ish"!


 
Barnabas was not a fan.
 


By ten o'clock it was about finished.  We didn't even get an inch but it was enough for these "Georgia kids" to have some fun... and for their mama to pine away for spring a little bit more.


I grew up in the north and my kids just don't understand why I don't like winter.  I told them I chose to live in the south for a reason! :)

 
We did school but by the late afternoon we were all a little stir-crazy!  Marc took the boys for a walk and  even though it never hit 30 degrees the sun had melted much of the snow.
 

Mac is not a fan of cold weather.  He is a lot like me and prefers to be outside.... and warm!





I fixed a big pot of potato soup! I rarely fix it because..... white potatoes :)  but Marc loves it.  Funny that the younger boys weren't crazy about it.   What is there not to like about a hot bowl of potato soup full of cheese and sour cream? :)

 

Well, that pretty much sums up our "snow day of 2018"!  I will not be surprised if we have another one before the winter is over.  It's just been that cold this year!  However. for today.... I will bask in the fact that this weekend and next week is supposed to be in the 60's!  Now THAT is weather worth rejoicing about!

No comments: