Monday, October 26, 2015

Georgia National Fair 2015

Here are just a few pictures from our days at the fair!
 

Serious about the soap carving contest!  Matthew and Mariah have actually won first place before, but we didn't have a winner this year. :o)


McKenzie, Madeline and Mariah all entered canned goods and dried herbs.  All three got some first place ribbons!


They also entered some sewing, knitting and other craft projects.  My girls got their craftiness from their grandma!


The cow barn is always one of our favorites!


Lunch break!








Grandpa likes to see the animals too!


                                                                 Fair Bear!


Watching the air show. I was amazed that my dad hung with us all day!  I kept asking him if he was tired and he just kept going.


Watching a horse show.
 
 The boys love to sit on the tractors!




And the girls too!


They love their grandpa!



The "Tree of Life" is kind of creepy.  There is a man in there that walks around the fair. :o)



Because they don't get enough of milking goats at home! Haha.....


 
The girls spent one day showing miniature ponies.
 

Weren't they the cutest "zebras"!?! :o)

 
The rides at night are so beautiful!
 
I always took a picture of my parents with the kids at the end of the day.  Grandma was definitely missed!


Watching the fireworks before we headed home.

 
This was another day when I took the kids to hang out a while.
 
 
My dad hung with us form lunch time until they closed that night at 10:00!  I was a little worried he was going to be sore the next day!  I made him take a Tylenol and soak his feet when we got home!  Matthew said, "If grandpa lived with you, he'd probably live to be 100!" :o)
 
 
Good-by fair until next year!

1 comment:

Whiddon Family said...

Awww, loved seeing all the pictures! It makes me miss y'all more.:(
Please come see us!
Nina