Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday evening ramblings

I love watching the boys play at the park.  They always bypass the playground and go straight for the water.  We either go to the lake and feed the ducks, hike around the lake or if I tell them we are going to the playground they head to the little stream that runs through it.
 

Malachi got out of the van with his Bible in his hand and told me he wanted to read his Bible for a little while.  So sweet.  That was his ultimate goal with learning how to read, was to be able to read his own Bible.


They all ended up taking their shoes off.  Macheus threw his shoes, socks and cup in the water.  Malachi (my responsible leader) worried himself to death until he got it all out. :o)


Yep, he ended up getting in!


Trying to decide if they should jump across. Of course, they ended up doing it over and over until they both were wet.


Life is so crazy busy this fall!  We are trying to stay on top of school, finishing up with canning for the season and trying to do some projects around the house.


I have hauled several huge bags of stuff to Goodwill!  Where does this "stuff" come from!  I am not a packrat, but it seems to multiply!  We have decide to try to do a yard sale this month.  I am hanging onto some of my nicer things to try to sell.  I don't know how well we will do because we live so far out.


The Georgia National Fair starts this week.  The girls have entered a bunch of canning, sewing, knitting and  crocheting projects.  It is always fun to see how they place.  The girls (including McKenzie) are going to be working with the miniature ponies this year. They will be dressing some of them in costumes and showing them.  Should be cute!


Another household project that we are getting ready for is new flooring.  The boys have been really hard on the carpet in their bedroom.  We have hardwood floors throughout the house, except bedrooms.  I like having carpet in my bedroom so we will replace it.  I think we are going to put hardwood in the hallway upstairs but not sure about the boys room yet!   I like getting things done but dread the mess!


Well, it is late and I need to head to bed!

~Goodnight

No comments: