Sunday, December 1, 2013

Birthday and other ramblings.

Marc and I were able to get away for a couple of days last week for his birthday.  Of course, Macheus joined us. :o)  We got some Christmas shopping done, ate out, went swimming at the hotel's indoor pool and just relaxed.  Life has been so fast paced lately, so it was a welcome break from the busyness!

We got home to a clean house, food made and a birthday cake baked.  My kids are the best!





The little boys were glad to see their daddy! (Myles had a swollen, black eye from getting stung by yellow jackets while we were gone.)


Waiting on birthday cake.



All of the kids (Macheus was already in the bed.) with Marc.  Daniel (on left) was home from college for the week.  McKenzie was a very happy girl!


The week was good.  Marc was off all week and it always seems to fly by.  We have gotten some household projects done.  McKenzie and I painted the living room. She also encouraged me to redo our front bathroom. What started off as "Daddy, take the towel ring down, it looks awful."  Turned into...... "Take the toilet paper holder down.  I hate that mirror.  We really need a new counter top and sink.,"   That bathroom is now completely re-done.  I had said I wasn't dong any remodeling until I got the kitchen done.  Oh well....
Thanksgiving was good.  I will post about it and some pictures next time. It is late Sunday evening.  I spent the afternoon wrapping Christmas presents, (My goal is to be done with everything in the next week!)  I have a terrible cold and I am dreading starting school back tomorrow.  I guess I better get to bed!
Until next time!

No comments: