Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day 2013

It was a beautiful day.  We went to church and then came home for a relaxing family day.  I fixed lunch and tried to do things like my mom would have done for my dad.  One thing my dad has always loved is homemade ice cream.  We got his old ice cream freezer out and filled it with my mom's vanilla ice cream recipe.  I plugged it in and..........nothing!  The motor hummed but wouldn't turn.  I was so frustrated!  Because we always had homemade ice cream at my mom's house I never owned a big churn.  We have a tiny one that we used when our family was small. :o)  I thought I would just make it several times until everyone had some.  I got it ready and plugged it in and .........nothing!  I looked at McKenzie and said,  "Let's go to Wal-Mart"!  We live out in the country and our closest town is pretty small.  We walked all over Wal-Mart only to find out that they were sold out! Our last hope was Ace Hardware (if it was even open)!  It was and they did have a freezer.  I didn't even care what it cost!   An hour later we were back at the house finally ready to make the ice cream.  We pulled into the driveway and Matthew proudly announced that they had fixed BOTH motors!  Grrrrr.... We made the ice cream in the new freezer and it turned out great and everyone was happy! :o)
                                                       Mr."Fix-it"
                                               Sweet little Macheus with daddy.

                              Marc with his whole gang before church.
                                      Then with "Pa"..
                   Me and my sweet dad. Every special day is hard for him now.

                                          "Pa" with the boys.
                                     "Monkey Matt"
                                    McKenzie and Madeline

1 comment:

Marc said...

That was a great day! Thanks for making it special.

Love you,

Marc