Friday, February 1, 2013

Still waiting and a little retail therapy

I went to see my midwife today to see if I was progressing.  A little progress, but nothing to brag about! :o)  I know it will come soon enough.  Marc went to my appointment with me today.  When we left he took me to my favorite Mexican Restaurant.  It is one that I have gone to numerous times during this pregnancy with whichever child went to my appointment with me.  Fun memories....
After we ate I told him that I could use some retail therapy to get my mind on other things than having a baby. I hit Bath and Bodyworks and bought several bottles of soap that I didn't need! (I love that store!) We found several cute things for Mariah and Malachi on a clearance rack.  Then I found this steal of a deal for McKenzie.  It was $65, marked down to $40,   70% off and I had a $10 coupon.  The grand total was...........$2!  I love deals like that!  She had been wanting a cute spring purse.


We left the shopping area and headed back to the small town that we live close to.  I hit the health food store for some more red raspberry tea leaves.  McKenzie (my personal herbalist!) has had me drinking quarts and quarts and quarts............. :o)   We then went to the grocery store.  I have been paranoid making sure that our kitchen is stocked for the big day!  One of the last things on my "to do before baby" list was to get a bow for the mailbox.  It was bittersweet getting it because my mom has always made my bow for the baby.  I wanted to laugh when the lady handed it to me.  My mom always made BIG beautiful bows!  This one was kind of pitiful.  As we left the store I told Marc if my mom could see down from heaven I bet she was laughing at my bow! :o)

Madeline wants to be at the birth this time.  To help prepare her, we pulled out one of my birth videos. I probably shouldn't have watched it.  It makes me dread it even more!  So, I guess it is off to my bed to read some more of my "Super-natural Childbirth" book (the chapter on fear!) and drink some more raspberry tea!

Good-night!  Maybe the next time I post on here I will have a baby!  Don't hold your breath though! :o)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Just found this and had to smile... Love the bag; love the price even more! Sorry about your pitiful bow. I'm sure he won't mind at all! So thankful y'all are doing good and hopefully you will get to come home soon. Really jealous Quincy got to go before I did, but glad he got to see you. I'll see y'all and get in my holding time SOON, I hope! Love all of you!