Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Naming baby...

We always have the hardest time settling on a name for our new babies. It doesn't help that we only use "M" names! The last two weren't named until after they were born.  A week before Macheus was born we had a list of ten names.  Marc and I heard the name Macheus on the Bible movie "The Greatest Story Ever Told" when they said,  "The Prophet Macheus told us Bethlehem."  We loved that name but couldn't find a spelling for it.  I wasn't about to make up the spelling! :o)  One night we sat in the bed and we both eliminated several names.  That left us with about three names.  Marc finally found a Bible website with it and the meaning is "Who is like our Lord".  I had in my mind what the baby would look like if we used different names.  I pictured "Macheus" with lots of dark hair. :o)  A few hours after he was born we finally said his name was Macheus Trust. (Macheus pronounced Muh-Kay-Us)

I picked "Trust" as the middle name early in my pregnancy.  After having two miscarriages and then starting this pregnancy with some problems, I was very worried  that this baby might not make it either.  My mom had just died and someone gave me a devotional book.  It seemed like every time I read something it would either be talking about trust or have a verse with trust in it.  I told Marc if the baby was a boy, I wanted his middle name to be "Trust".  He already has lots of nick names.  Myles has shortened it to "Cheus".  The girls call him "kay- kay"  Grandpa and Matthew both call him "Little Mac".

So, there you have it............ our little Macheus Trust! :o)

No comments: