Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday ramblings...

We recently had company and I decided to try this pie recipe.  It was very easy and everyone seemed to like it. :o)
 

Ingredients

  • 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream
PREHEAT oven to 325° F.

BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.

*I used whole wheat flour and sucanat for the sugar.  It counts as "healthy", right!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went to see my midwife yesterday.  I have less than 8 weeks to go!  It always seems to creep by in the beginning when I am sick, but now it seems to be flying!  I still feel pretty good most of the time.  I get tired by the evening and love going to bed though!  I have been feeling a lot of "odd" movements.  The midwife said the baby isn't completely head down, kind of transverse (I guess almost diagonal.)  That stressed me out a little bit, but she wasn't concerned.  She said when I come back the end of next week she would expect the baby to be head down.  Let's hope so!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Potty Training Update:  Myles has been my oldest child in diapers.  I have always had them trained anywhere between their second birthday (the girls) and the other two boys were several months before they turned 3.  I know a lot of it was the kind of summer we had and the fact that I was sick most of the summer, I just didn't feel like pushing it.  Well, two weeks ago we got down to business!  I decided to do the "no bottoms" potty training.  It worked!!!  He literally was trained in one day.  The hard part was transitioning back into wearing bottoms.  He has finally figured out this week that he can pull them down and go potty by himself.  Ok.... I realize most of you didn't really care to hear about potty training, but there might be some mom out there that could use the advice!  I will definitely be using this method with the next one! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a totally different note....... Marc shared a really neat story during our family Bible time tonight about Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni .   I thought I would share it on here.  It is pretty exciting and I think it will be neat to watch and see what the Lord does in that country in the years to come.
 
 

No comments: