Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nesting....

We have been busy at our house.  I have been in a cleaning out and painting mood!  Here are the pictures from the two recent rooms that we painted.  I should have taken a "before" picture of the laundry room.  That is the one room in the house where everybody thinks they can dump their stuff.  It was such a mess and I had had it!  McKenzie and I cleaned it out (threw away a ton!) and then Marc painted it for me.  It was a green before that I never really liked.
 
 A large family and shoes.......... is there any way to simplify that?  I try to get everyone to keep their good shoes in their own closets.  It still seems like between flip-flops (pretty much year round here), tennis shoes, boots etc. there are always shoes everywhere!
 I would love to have somewhere else for the treadmill.  I much prefer to run outside.  Unless it is raining AND cold, I am outside.  Once in a while someone else will use it.  It seems like a waste of space!
 McKenzie wanted me to update the mantle.  We bought a few new things from Hobby Lobby (I love that store!) and put these Christmas candles out.
 We also found this little lamp at Hobby Lobby.  The little stuffed dog was my grandfather's and it's sitting on top of my mom's childhood Bible.
 The next room that we painted was the kitchen.  It was a lighter green before and we went with a darker green this time.  The night that I took this picture we had just gone to bed when we heard a crash.  We went into the kitchen and the little shelf had fallen.  The meaningful things had shattered and the stuff I didn't really care about were fine.  I kept telling myself as we were sweeping it up, "It is only stuff."  The two things that were the saddest were the glass doll that my great-grandmother had given me and the little glass bell that McKenzie brought back to me her first year going to the Father/Daughter retreat when she was 12. 
I am hoping to get the living room walls painted and our bedroom done before the baby gets here.  We only have nine more weeks.................