Tuesday, December 18, 2012

More Christmas Happenings.....

We have been busy baking things that my mom would fix at Christmas time.  The other night I told Malachi that he could help me make M&M cookies.  By evening I was tired but he reminded me! :o)

 This is the first beater that Myles has gotten to lick!

 I think this "Dusties" recipe was my grandma's.  My mom always made them because my dad loved them.
 Candied pecans.......
Thankfully, every time we make something the girls like to take food to people!  Otherwise, we would all gain weight this month! :o)
 We had hundreds of pounds of pecans this year.  There are still more on the ground.  It is a blessing, but a lot of work!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The girls had their Christmas piano recital last Saturday.  This was the first recital that McKenzie wasn't a student, just a teacher.  Madeline and Mariah both did a good job!  McKenzie has taken the girls and some of her students to the nursing home today to play and pass out cookies.  It is one of our favorite things to do at Christmas.  The littlest things mean a lot to the residents.



No comments: