Saturday, January 21, 2012

Go GREEN....

A while back I had an idea to do a post on some of my favorite things. I never got around to taking the pictures and doing the post. I decided this morning to take pictures about one of my favorite things!

No, bananas are not my favorite thing.... :o)

I had been wanting a Vitamix for years and just couldn't ask Marc to spend that kind of money on a blender. Finally, after hearing so many good things about it we splurged on one several months ago. Once I got it I wished I hadn't waited so long!


We drink a smoothie every morning now! On a typical morning we go through about 6-8 bananas! I buy about 4 bunches of bananas twice a week! We use lots of spinach, kale, carrots,bananas, apple, orange, pineapple (when it is on sale!), cabbage, frozen fruit, flax seed or coconut oil etc. I change them up sometimes but they always have the first six ingredients. If I use fresh pineapple it is plenty sweet, otherwise I use a little agave nectar. The Vitamix is so great that you really can't even tell what is in it. It is perfectly smooth when you are finished!


Even Myles loves them! :o)








Come on McKenzie.... SmiLE!!!



**No, I do not work for Vitamix nor do I get anything for doing this free "advertisement" for them! I just thought it would be something interesting to share! :o)

3 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I have heard of the Vitamix before but don't really know much about it... How is it different than a blender?

Cinnamon said...

We have a vitamix and we LOVE it. We whip up green smoothies too. The extra bonus about the vitamix is that is makes a LARGE amount for a large family. :-)

~Cinnamon

SJeff said...

We started making smoothies seriously since January. I have loved it. I can't say the same for my kids though. The only one I can get to drink them is Katie. Loved catching up with you all again through your blog!