Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seamstress in the making.........

Madeline loves anything domestic. She is always begging me to cook and to sew. I have learned to just leave the kitchen and let her have at it! It is amazing at how fast she has learned, with me just backing off. It is nice to now have two daughters that can fix food too!

This Christmas my mom got McKenzie a sewing machine. She is having so much fun using it. She has already followed a pattern and made a skirt for herself. She finished the front for a quilt she is making for Myles too. (I will show pictures later.) Madeline got inspired watching McKenzie and busied herself making a little doll dress for her little sister. She did it by hand and it even has a little button closure on the back. I thought she did a pretty good job! :>)




I am so grateful that my daughters are content being at home, learning how to one day be "Keepers" of their own homes. Marc and I will sometimes go out on Friday nights to get some shopping done and just to spend some time by ourselves. The last time we went out it was getting late and we called to check in with them. McKenzie had them all fed and the younger ones clean and in the bed. She was busy sewing and Matthew was sitting with her listening to Jonathon Park Cd's. They had popped popcorn and were having so much fun. Marc said, "Do you realize how unusual this is?" Of course it being the weekend, there were teenagers out everywhere. I was so grateful that mine were not only safe at home, but they were CONTENT at home. Being a stay- at- home mom and homeschooling is a hard job. We never get a break from our children. Human nature (sin nature) makes it hard sometimes to always have harmony in the home. There are times that I look at my children in frustration at their irritating qualities. (I am sure they can say the same thing about me!) I am thankful for moments that the Lord reveals to me how blessed I am to have the children that I have. They are good kids, irritations and all!

3 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

As your children continue to grow, may the Lord continue to grow that contentment of being home!

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...

I am grateful for my children's contentment as well. If it wasn't for your commitment to be a Titus 2 woman it would not be possible. Let us pray that God will give us the grace to continue to raise our children according to his commands.

Love you,

Marc