Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh.......... the weather outside is frightful!

Schools were canceled before the first snowflake even hit the ground! Ok, you northerners, don't laugh! It's exciting when you live where snow is a once every ten year thing! When they forcasted several inches of snow for today, I didn't believe it. (I actually didn't even want it!) My children were excited though. I didn't rush out to the store to buy milk and bread. What is it about bad weather that everyone rushes out to get milk and bread? I have always thought that was funny. No, I sent Marc to the store to get hot chocolate! That makes much more sense!

Mariah was out singing to the top of her lungs as the first flakes came down.









Dad trying to retaliate after Matthew got him with a snowball.
Malachi was not impressed with the snow. He went back inside and watched a movie. (Smart kid!)

Malachi didn't have a heavy coat that fit him until a couple of weeks ago. (That should tell you a little about the climate here.) I found this coat at landsend.com It was regularly $56 and I paid $19! I love a deal like that, especially when it won't be worn much.






Now that I am looking at these pictures, they don't look as pretty as it does now. The snow is still coming down. Oh well.......... STILL looking forward to spring!

I am sure McKenzie will post lots more pictures on her blog. She has only taken about 100! :>)

4 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Your pictures are beautiful... I especially love the last picture... something about the house... the fence and trees.... just love it...

We are getting snow also... I love sitting at the kitchen table, looking out the window to a blanket of white... this has been the second time this year we have enjoyed this much snow and I just love it... although I must say I don't go out and play in the snow... I like being inside our little warm house :-)

Giann said...

Its snowing where we live too! I love it!!

Abigail and Lydia said...

I'm jealous! Daddy said it was snowing about thirty miles away, a lot.... maybe it will get here~ I loved the pictures, they are beautiful!

Lydia~

Maddie Grace said...

Hey! The snow pictures are so pretty! The last time I saw snow was when we lived up in Gainsville!

I especially love the picture of Mariah eating the snowflakes! They taste like ice water! I put a snowflake in the outside freezer for safe keeping.

Love you mom!
~M.G.~