Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Carolers...

The other day I heard banging on the back door. I went into the laundry room to see what it was and saw Mariah and Malachi hitting the door with an umbrella and sword. I jerked the door open ready to fuss at them for making so much racket when they burst into song and dance. Mariah told me they were "Christmas Caroling". So, instead of fussing I went and got my camera!


Singing and dancing to "Jingle Bells"


One VERY dirty caroler.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


One of the Christmas traditions that I continued from my childhood is making a Christmas calendar. I remember getting so excited about doing it as a child and it is fun watching my children have fun doing it now.









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I try every year to take each child Christmas shopping by themselves (another tradition that my mom did with us.) Mariah was getting concerned that she wasn't going to get her shopping done, so she started making and wrapping her presents. It was so cute watching her really think about each person she was making gifts for.




Sweet little Myles enjoying the Christmas lights!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Too cute! BTW - I signed up as a "follower" of your daughters blog too. What a wonderful young lady you have raised! You must be sooo proud:)

Marc said...

You are blessed among women. I am so grateful for a wife that brings so much joy to our home.
Also,remember there are so many women who do not get to see what you see everyday.

Love you,

Marc

Gran said...

So happy to see you pass on traditions. Makes me feel like Daddy and I did some things right.