Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nine Weeks

Today was an exhausting day. I had to drive over an hour to take two of my children to have their birthday pictures taken (only two months late!) After their appointment I stopped at my midwife's office to have another quick ultrasound. I went back to the ultrasound room by myself. The sonographer was able to do the ultrasound externally. The baby looked great and the heart beat was very strong. She asked me if my children would like to see it. She went out and brought them back in. They both just stared at the screen kind of mesmerized. It was funny. We got to see it wave it's little arm and kick a leg. It was amazing. I am about 9 weeks and one or two days. It is amazing to see the changes from week to week. I talked to my midwife and the doctor who is over me. They both feel like at this point that everything is fine. I am scheduled to go back in three weeks. At that point they should be able to pick up the heart beat with the doppler.

As we were leaving the parking deck Matthew (my 13 year old) said, "Mom, did you know that you should only gain 27 pounds while you are pregnant?" He had been watching an informational video that plays in the waiting area. He then proceeded to ask me how much I gained with my other pregnancies. I said that I had gained about 28 with two of them, 35 with two of them and 45 with him! He said, "Wow, you gained 45 with me? You must have been HUGE!" You have got to love their honesty! The other day my six year old was hugging me. She pulled back and put her hand on my stomach and said, "I love you. I will even love you when you get fat!"

I have had two of my worst days yesterday and today. I kept hoping the nausea would start to get better since it started so early with this pregnancy. This week has not been a good sign!

1 comment:

Gran said...

I am so excited. I was looking at baby things at Belk's today and I can't wait to find out what it is. Either will be fine. A lady ws shopping for her first grandchild and I told her I was expecting #13 and #14. She was shocked. Whatever # it is, it is still a miracle and a blessing. Can't wait to hold them. Love - Mom