Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A little scare!

Last night my husband and I went out to do some shopping. While we were out I felt a little crampy. I went to the bathroom and my heart sunk. I had some spotting. I have spotted with all but my first pregnancies. It still makes you sick to your stomach to see it. My first ob appointment was scheduled for the middle of next week. I would be about 8 1/2 weeks then and they would do an ultrasound to check for a heart beat. I felt like I was probably fine, but for peace of mind I called my midwife this morning. She told me to go ahead and come in and they would do a quick ultrasound for me. We saw the heart beat!!! It was such an awesome feeling to see that little life inside of me. The baby was attached high in my uterus so she couldn't pick up the sound, but we could see a definite little heart beat. She said it was good and strong and she didn't see anything abnormal that would be causing the bleeding. She said it was probably implantation blood (which with this being number six I kind of already assumed that.) It was nice to be reassured though! I still have to go back next week for my regular appointment, but it was worth the trip today to see that little heart beat!

No comments: