Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eight Weeks

I went to the midwife today for my official "first ob visit". They did another ultrasound and the baby measured exactly where I felt like it should. Last week it was three days smaller than I figured. The heart rate was very strong. It was amazing to see the difference from last week. You could see arm and leg buds. We even saw the head make a small twitching movement. It was amazing!

All of our children know now. It will be a miracle if Mariah (our 6 year old) keeps it a secret for four more weeks! I felt like I needed to tell her last night. She went to McKenzie (our oldest) and said, "Something is wrong with mama. She is very edgy and she hardly ate any m&ms!" That is pretty bad when you aren't eating junk food and your kids think something is wrong with you! I normally have a sweet tooth and eat ice cream most everyday. Right now the thought of that kind of stuff makes me want to throw up! She was very excited and the first thing she did this morning was look at my stomach. It is going to be a long pregnancy for her!

No comments: