Sunday, December 13, 2015

Stopping to smell the...cotton


 Life has been crazy busy lately!  Most of it is stuff that is out of my control, but I am trying to make the best of these days.  The thing that is hardest at this stage in my life is I feel like my little ones don't get the attention that my older ones got when they were small.  I am having to purpose time to focus on them.



We have farm land all around us and right now we have cotton across the street.  It is our "Georgia snow"!
 
I  let them run all over it and they had a ball! Shorts in December!  That is my kind of winter!


Grandpa was staying with us and he told the kids about when he was a little and had to pick cotton after school every day.  Myles kept asking me if Grandpa had taken his picture in the field too. :o)


Myles loves taking "selfies".  I often find multiples of the same shot of him on my phone.



I have pictures of all of my kids playing on these little bridges.  Many sweet memories playing in this field!


McKenzie and Daniel are in the process of moving.  It has been such a fiasco!  They moved back down our direction last spring after Daniel had a job change. (We are SO glad to have them closer!)  The apartment they are renting is in a downtown area though.  It was a neat place to stay for a newlywed couple, but not so great for having a baby!  We toyed with the idea of moving my dad back to his house and McKenzie and Daniel living with them as his "caretakers".  There were many reasons why that didn't work out, but God has been so good and provided the perfect spot for them!  They are living out Dave Ramsey's financial plan and are saving to buy a house.  Not the "get what I want now" mentality of most young couples, but I keep telling McKenzie it will be so worth it!  Marc and I have never had debt other than our mortgage, but I think about how much further we could be if we had started out that way!


Trying to juggle getting my dad's house back in shape after renters destroyed it and helping fix up the house that Daniel and McKenzie will be living in has been tough right here at the holidays!  We also will be moving my dad here after the new year!  So much  going on at one time!


Our days are busy and not always with what we want to be busy doing.  I was having a "character training moment" with one of my children the other day and talked to them about choosing to be joyful!  It's definitely something you have to choose to do and not let your circumstances determine that for you!


"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4


Our church service got moved to a later time today.  Because of that I decided to stay home with Macheus and the rest of the family went.  We drive over an hour to meet with a family-integrated congregation.  It makes for a long day, but with it being later in the day I knew Mac would be miserable.  It has been a long week and I have enjoyed the quiet day with just him.  He is napping right now, my laundry is done, floors are mopped and I started working on my Christmas letters.  I even got to have a quiet time with no interruptions.  That is something I rarely get to do these days! 


Matthew and Madeline both finished finals this week!  We are all rejoicing that they are finished!  It is so stressful as you watch them cram for tests and frantically finish writing papers.  Madeline's schooling this quarter seemed to be never ending papers!  She is a wonderful writer, but she had a really tough History teacher that  stretched her writing ability.  She managed to get an "A" in his class but she was sweating it!  They both made Dean's list again and I am super proud of them!  They are much better students than I was when I was in college! :o)


Well, I always enjoy writing on this little blog of mine.  I guess it helps me record little bits and pieces of my life and it's kind of therapeutic for me.  However, laundry needs to be folded and Macheus is now awake!

 
~Until next time...
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:!2

No comments: