Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Busy Day........

Today we went to our first day of a home school co-op that we just joined.  It meets at a huge church and has over 300 children in it!   My biggest reason in joining it was to get my foot in the door for Madeline's Biology lab for next year.  Madeline missed the first week because of her trip to DC, but she will be taking sewing and quilting for two blocks.  Mariah is taking a drawing class, anatomy and embroidery.  Malachi is taking P.E.,  science lap booking and Discovering Art through Artists.  Myles wasn't going to be joining us until I realized I wouldn't have anything to do with him on week one because of everyone being gone!  I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try with him.  He is taking finger painting, Play-Doh and States ABC. :o)
 It was a crazy day and I am glad it is done!  Mariah had piano lessons from 11:00-12:00 and we had to go straight from there to co-op.  The kids ate sandwiches in the car on the way.  They all seemed to enjoy it and it went fairly well.  I was in the nursery with Macheus (or I wouldn't be going!) which was right across the hall from Myles' class.  I peeked in at him several times and he seemed happy.  We only had one scare when I went to pick him up at the end of the day and he wasn't in his room.  The workers took them to an indoor playground area when they weren't supposed to.  I was a wreck for about 5 minutes until I found him.  Not only is the co-op huge, but we don't really know any of the people yet!
 McKenzie bought the little frog outfit that Macheus had on.  I thought it was cute. :o)  She also put Myles' name on the front of his shirt for me.  I figured it would be easy for all of his teachers to learn his name that way.
So.......... not sure if Myles will continue on with it, or if he will be a co-op drop-out.  Time will tell.  The greatest thing about being a "seasoned mom" is that I have learned to do what is best for my children and not feel pressured by others.  After all......... we CAN finger paint and play with Play-Doh at home! :o)

No comments: