Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Morning

It is a quiet Sunday morning and I am at home with Myles.  We were out of town this week visiting family in Kentucky (pictures to come :o) and Marc was out of town with work.  He took the older kids to a church here in town since everyone was so tired.

We are kind of in between churches right now.  This has certainly been a hard year and one full of changes for our family!  We have been a part of a family integrated church for almost thirteen years.  All but 2 1/2 of those years (when we lived too far away) were spent at the same church.  It has been hard making the change, especially on our children.  God has clearly been showing us for at least the past year that He was leading us away.  When the vision for your family doesn't match the direction the church is going, it is time for a change.  It doesn't make it easy though....

We have visited another family-integrated church that is almost an hour away.  Our old church was almost an hour and a half away, so the distance isn't a problem. :o)   There is another FIC church that is a little closer that we are going to visit sometime.  The timing of it all has been hard with all that we have had going on in our family.  I know the Lord is in control though and we will see His hand in all of it down the road.



Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”
 

No comments: