Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Kentucky

Last week the children and I took off for Kentucky.  The weather was beautiful the whole time we were gone.  Glad we didn't wait to go this week!

 We went to the Creation Museum a couple of days.  It was wonderful!  They change shows and speakers each day so it was hard to get it all in.  The speakers we heard were great.  I love doing things like this that grow my children's faith. 




The petting zoo.  "Gomer" the camel was quite friendly! :o)



 I told them to act scared.  I love Malachi's expression! :o)
 Matthew slaying the dinosaur with a six inch pocket knife. :o)

I spent about half of my childhood living in Cincinnati.  We decided one evening that we would take off and  go see my house and schools.  Thank goodness for GPS!  I would not have made it!  The kids thought it was neat to see the place that many of my stories come from.

The house we lived in from my 4th grade year until the middle of my 11th.

 Our next stop was to visit my sister and her family.  My sister had a new baby in September and we were all anxious to see her!  She is a little doll!

Myles loved Annie! Not sure that the feeling was mutual! :o)  (He had chili all over his face.)

Malachi and Lily Kate
 Some of the boys trying to look tough. :o)

 The girls had so much fun visiting.

Getting ready to head home. 


The kids were all sad that the visit was over but memories were made.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving the encouraging comment, I really appreciate it:) I love Kentucky I am from Tenn. I bet the leaves were amazing. You have such a beautiful family!

SJeff said...

How fun! The Creation Museum is one of our favorite places. So fun to get caught up with you. Can't believe you're running with bobcats instead of sitting with your feet up! I love reading about your family. :-)