Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Late night ramblings...

Well, Marc is at men's meeting at church, Matthew is at scouts at church and McKenzie went to quilt with a dear friend from church. Madeline and Mariah fed animals, milked goats, washed dishes etc. while I unpacked from a trip to my dad's, fed and bathed little boys and attempted to get them to bed. They were especially horrible tonight! Well........... Myles was horrible and Malachi had to keep calling me to "make him hush!" All is finally quiet in the house, the three youngest are sleeping and Madeline is reading.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't really written about my pregnancy except to announce it. Those that have read my blog for a while know that I had a miscarriage last fall. I was a little nervous when I found out that I was pregnant this time and worried that something would happen again. It was a rough start but I am 14 1/2 weeks and everything seems to be fine this time. I have had several ultrasounds and I am amazed at how fast it goes from looking like a little "blob" with a heartbeat to a tiny little baby with arms and legs. I have felt pretty lousy since the second week of June. I think (fingers crossed!) that I might be moving past that part but I am still tired all the time! I am very grateful though and we are very excited about having a new little one around here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was putting Malachi to bed the other night and he started talking about grandma. I reminded him that grandma had made his blanket that he sleeps with. He asked me why she made it for him and I told him because she loved him. He said, "I sure wish she would come back." Later that evening I went into his room and found the blanket wrapped around his head. :(

I took all the kids to my dad's this week. I normally try to take just a few at a time with me. This was the last time we all spent the night in that house together. We plan to move my dad to a temporary rental until his house sells. It has been a really hard summer for my sister and I going back and forth to stay with him. We know there isn't a choice about him moving, but it is SO sad to not have "grandma's house" to go to anymore! That has been my children's second home. It was especially sad for my older kids that have the best memories of when grandma was healthier and so much fun. When we were driving home today the song "Jerusalem" was playing. We started talking about heaven and how happy we are for grandma but so sad for us. We pondered all of the unknowns about heaven. Does she see us? Does she know what is going on in our lives? Does she even care? :o) She suffered more than anyone I have ever seen, before she died. I would never wish her back the way she was, but we sure do miss her!


Well, the family is home and I am headed to bed!

No comments: