Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday night bloopers!

Tonight when Marc and the oldest two were rushing out the door, Marc was looking for something sweet to take with him. I had nothing to offer. It is so funny, when I met him he never ate sweets. I have rubbed off on him and now he wants something sweet most every night! I told him I would make something while he was gone to his men's meeting at church. I have a chocolate cake recipe that I have made lots of times. It has never failed to turn out. I am not sure what happened tonight, but both layers completely fell apart!


I enjoy my time with the two middle girls on Wednesday nights. The two little boys go to bed at 7:00, so it gives me some time to focus on them. They aren't the "big kids" and they aren't the "babies". They sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Marc and I try to take one of them with us when we go out.


Madeline is the most positive person I have ever been around. She told me the cake was still delicious and with the frosting "you can't even tell!" She will make a great wife one day! :>)


McKenzie keeps her goats milk in glass, quart jars. We have a couple of blue jars. I think they are so pretty!


Off to bed...

1 comment:

Lily said...

I had a cake that once split like the continents before a big birthday party...I made three huge layers and didn't account for the time it would take for them to cool and then be iced. I iced them hot and it was a disaster!

...it may have looked like a mess but was all gone the next day, it at least tasted good =)