Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sewing 101 and funnies with Mariah

Last summer McKenzie and I took a sewing class together. I made Madeline a pair of pants and came home and made a matching pair for Mariah. The day I was trying to finish hers up is the day she was kicked by our horse and spent three days in the hospital. They got lost in the shuffle and were never worn. I pulled them out this week for them to wear. Madeline was proud of hers, Mariah said, "I feel like a dork."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each of my children bring something different to our family. Mariah brings laughter... and lots of it! We were buzzing around getting ready for piano lessons one morning. Apparently I had already asked her if she had brushed her teeth. I was fixing her hair and I asked her again. She said, "Mama! you already asked me that!" I told her I had six children, it was hard to remember who I had asked and who I hadn't. She said, "Thank goodness! I was afraid you were getting old!"
Another conversation this week:
Mariah: "Mama, would you bury me by the barn when I die?"
Me: " I hope I don't have to bury you. I hope your children will be the ones to do that."
Mariah: "Well, would you tell them to bury me by our barn?"
Me: "I will be dead by then."
Mariah: "Great... I don't want to be buried in a "gasket"!"

No comments: