Thursday, May 19, 2016

Weary...

Yesterday I went full speed from the moment my feet hit the floor until my head hit the pillow last night.  I got up at 7:00 packed lunches for Matthew and Marc, and got them sent off.  I mopped the floors, started laundry and baked pumpkin muffins.  By this time the rest of the household was stirring.  I threw my running clothes on and hit the road. 


Nine miles later I was in the shower and getting ready to take Mariah to an orthodontist appointment.  We would have been on time except we heard the horses going crazy and looked out to see them running everywhere.  Not sure why they were so excited, but one of them got into some wire and had it tangled on her leg.  The girls ran outside to get it untangled and stalled the horse because she had a cut on it. (Thank goodness it didn't require getting a vet this time!  We have plans next month to tear down all wire fencing and put up wooden.) 


I flew into the parking lot, dropped Mariah off 12 minutes late, and then headed to my dad's house to take some goat's milk to him.  When I got there I realized I hadn't changed his sheets in a while so I stripped his bed and washed a load of clothes.  I put new sheets on, scrubbed his bathroom down and gathered his trash.  I ran out the door to go pick Mariah back up.


After I picked her up I had to make an egg delivery and then I headed back home.


Once I got home I started schooling Malachi. (Yes, we are doing "summer school".  That is a post in itself.) I got supper started, laundry finished up and then Madeline, Macheus and I hit the road again.

                                                   (Girlhood is such a sweet time.)
We drove thirty minutes away to a larger town nearby to do some shopping.  We rushed through that and had to get home in time to do night chores before dark.


We got the goats milked, baby goats fed, horses put up and fed, everyone watered and finally came in a little after dark.

When Matthew got home from work we had our family Bible time and visited a little while. (Somewhere in there the boys got baths and were in the bed.) 
After that I did some online banking, checked on my library account and spent a few "brainless" minutes on Facebook. :o)
(My favorite picture of Myles this week.)
 
Then I finally headed to bed........
 

only to get up today and do it all again.

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

~Goodnight

No comments: