Monday, May 9, 2016

My boys...

 This evening Marc took the girls to their piano lessons and I took the boys swimming.  Matthew met us there for a little while before he had to go to work.


One of the things that I love about having a big family and having all ages is that you realize how fast they grow up.  It is almost like you get a "second chance" to slow down and soak up all of the details of their childhood. 


I guess with my first two or three children I had more time to do the "extras".  We did play groups, park day, story time at the library and lots of other things that I don't have time for now.  However, I do think I appreciate little things with my younger ones that I didn't know to appreciate with my older ones.


When Matthew left for work I told the boys to dry off so we could run to the lawn and garden center to grab some things before we went home.  My van is in the shop so we loaded up in the pick-up truck and headed to the store. The boys started talking about how old grandpa was.


Malachi:  "I hope grandpa lives to be 120 years old!"
Myles:  "I hope he lives 50 more years!"
Malachi: "I think thirty more years is more realistic than fifty more Myles. He would be 140!" (Nine year old logic. :o)
I love listening to their conversations. :o)


In the van they don't sit next to each other (which makes for a quieter ride!)  They were lined up on the back bench of the pick-up truck this evening, therefore they couldn't keep their hands to themselves.  Malachi said, "I'm the oldest and y'all need to listen to me! Mama is driving and you are going to make her nerves shot!"


I was loading up my dirt and mulch in the parking lot and Malachi said,  "I wish you would let me load that for you.  I do have muscles you know!"  I backed off and let him load it up for me.  He has a big brother that is a good role model for him. (Except when it comes to keeping a clean room!)


A very sleepy Macheus patiently waiting for mommy to get her plants.


I sure am thankful for the seven people that call me "Mama". 

No comments: