Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday ramblings...

Macheus and I are home alone today.  Marc took the rest of the crew to church out of town.   Macheus has been "out of sorts" for a couple of days.  I rarely take him out anywhere (my attempt to keep him well), but the whole family had dental cleanings on Wednesday so I didn't have a choice.  I don't know if he picked up something or if he is teething.  No fever or other symptoms, he is just not himself.  I was kind of bummed at first, but I have enjoyed my quiet day at home.  I enjoyed the one on one time with him and now he is napping.  I also have gotten to clean out our classroom.  That needed to be done desperately!


A couple of weeks ago I took Malachi and Myles for their annual picture appointment.  These were a few of my favorites.


I love letting the kids have their animals in their pictures.  I think it is neat to look back at some of their loved pets.  Mariah had her picture taken years ago with her cat "Oreo".  We still have Oreo and Mariah still loves her! :)  Matthew's very first dog was a yellow lab named "Dixie".  She was pretty much a nightmare, but I am glad she was in Matthew's nine year old pictures.  She is definitely a funny memory! "Buddy" was his chocolate lab and he was in Matthew's senior pictures.  He was an amazing dog and we all still miss him.  Barnabas (below) seems to have a similar personality as Buddy did. 

This little fellow is such a hoot!  Yesterday we went to two Christmas parades. (Yes, we were gluttons for punishment!)  Myles freaked out when he saw the "Grinch" in the first parade.  This made him a little hesitant for parade number two.  He was sitting in my lap and was driving me nuts grabbing my face and messing up my hair.  I finally said,  "Would you stop!"  He said,  "I love you little darlin'"  He is full speed ahead and takes an enormous amount of patience and energy!  As he matures and we get to watch him grow into a man it will be neat to see what the Lord has in store for him!

 
Well, Macheus is still sleeping and I better get off of here and take advantage of my last moments of quiet.  I am trying to clean out some more things to haul to Goodwill.  We have cut back on the amount of "stuff" that we buy for Christmas, but it still seems like we have too much!  I try to keep the rule if something comes in, something goes out.  The only exception to that rule is books!  I love books! :)

No comments: