Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gladys Aylward

I recently read this quote by Gladys Aylward, missionary to China.   I read her story years ago to some of my children and loved it.  She was an amazing woman!  Madeline loved her story and asked for "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I think some of our best home schooling is our Heroes of the Faith read alouds!

"I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China. There was somebody else. I don't know who it was --- God's first choice. It must have been a man --- a wonderful man, a well-educated man. I don't know what happened. Perhaps he died. Perhaps he wasn't willing. And God looked down and saw Gladys Aylward."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is what we are reading for history/Bible this year!
Hannah