Thursday, July 25, 2013

Choosing to be thankful...

I have told my children so many times...... Joy is a choice.  I need to remind myself of that many times!  Lately I have had to remind myself that thankfulness is a choice too.  Many things in life can weigh you down and you can have a pity party.  Then you hear of someone who is going through a tragedy that is more than anyone should have to bear. As I was going about my morning with messes, bills, a child recovering from wisdom teeth surgery, a broken vehicle, juggling schedules, a dad who has to be taken to the dentist this afternoon, and a million other things that are vying for my attention........... I will choose to be thankful!
 Thankful for this little boy that makes me smile.  He was in his pajamas (at lunch time) with his cowboy stuff over them.  I hugged him and said,  "You are so precious."  He hugged me back and said,  "You are pwecious too mommy." :o)

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
                                                 His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

1 comment:

The Pauls' Family said...

So true! There is always something to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing :)