Thursday, June 14, 2012

Storm

We just got hit with a horrible storm. The wind and rain were so strong that we put the children in our closet! I have heard about "golf ball size hail" before, but this is the first time I have seen it!
We have pecan tree limbs down everywhere. There were two huge ones in the front.



As soon as the storm hit our power went out. Matt and Madeline always make the best of things! :o)



I tried several times to put Myles to bed. The storm was so loud that he kept coming out saying, "It is raining!" Madeline felt sorry for him and rocked him. :o)



Thankfully, the storm didn't last too long and the power company was very efficient getting our power back on. (Isn't it amazing how spoiled we are!?) I was thinking about how life is like a storm sometimes. You can be going about your business and then it seems like everything hits at once. I know during the tough times that eventually you do get through it and you can look back at how the Lord orchestrated each detail. Wouldn't it be nice to get a glimpse of how He is going to work it all out though? Marc and a sweet friend of mine reminded me this past week that I have absolutely no control over the things that are going on in my life right now. I have to remind myself of that every day!




"A man’s heart plans his way,But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9



Well, that is the end of my thoughts for this evening. I know, it was very deep..... :o) I am going to bed!


Goodnight!

No comments: