Thursday, June 28, 2012

Father's Day

Marc with the kids before church.After church we went to my dad's house.


Marc cleaned off the roof trying to get things done to sell the house. I had no idea he had gone up to that part of the roof until I saw this picture! :o)







We kept the tradition of making homemade ice cream. It was the first time we made it without my mom. The "firsts" of everything are so sad.






The summer has been hard. My dad seems to be getting depressed. It is exhausting going back and forth staying with him, and it is hard knowing there is nothing we can do to make him happy. You always hear the saying that the woman is the heart of the home and it is more evident than ever now! Things will never be the same without our mom. We are still trying to sell his house and figure out where will be best for him to live. I will be glad when he is settled.


We are trying to make the best out of our summer. I have more pictures to share but it will have to wait until another day!

No comments: