Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday night ramblings...

I am sitting here late Wednesday evening waiting on Marc, McKenzie and Matthew to get home. Marc had a business trip in New Orleans and he took the oldest two with him. It was Matthew's first time flying and he loved it!
Their trip started off with a bang. They drove two hours and spent the night near the airport they were flying out of. The next morning they had to get up early to catch their flight. Marc went to the car to put something in it and someone had broken into it and tore up the steering column and ignition trying to hot wire it. The only thing in the car were muffins that Madeline had made for their breakfast that morning. They stole them! Even though it wasn't funny that it happened, we did get a good laugh about them taking the muffins. Other than that, their trip went well. They said New Orleans is a very wicked city. I am sure McKenzie will blog about it, so I won't give too much away. I think they enjoyed the historical sites but they said it wasn't somewhere they would want to go again. I know Marc enjoyed spending time with the kids.

Here at home everything went pretty smoothly. Madeline and I stayed very busy! She worked hard and Mariah was great to pitch in and help too. I have a new respect for how much work it is to feed and water all of the animals! I will be glad in the morning that Matthew can take over his watering job! We had dental cleaning appointments yesterday. Normally our whole family goes at the same time. I had to reschedule their appointments but I decided for the rest of us to go ahead and go. We all got called back at the same time so I took Myles with me. At first he sat in my lap and watched. Then as he warmed up to the hygienist he started diving towards my face and cracking up laughing at what she was doing. When I couldn't handle him anymore I let him get down. He turned the sink on and started splashing me. He was laughing so hard while he did it. The lady cleaning my teeth kept saying, "He is so cute. I don't know how you ever get onto him." I wanted to pinch his head off! I was SO glad when that appointment was done and I will NEVER take a two year old in with me again. When we left there we went to the park. The weather has been gorgeous and I wanted the little ones to wear themselves out!





The little guys.

Sweet girls.

Mariah runs everywhere she goes. :o)



We took bread to feed to the geese and ducks.





The mallard was beautiful!

I have muffins baking in the oven for when they get here. I thought it was kind of fitting since they didn't get to eat theirs! :o)

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

I popped over from Down on the Farm's blog. What a beautiful family you have. I laughed at your dental "fun" with your little one.

~Cinnamon