Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reminders...

It has been one of those days. Nothing really bad happened, just a blah kind of day. This evening Madeline took Malachi out to feed the horses and milk the goats. It was really time for his bath but I thought the few minutes of quiet would be nice. When they came back inside she sheepishly said that both goats kicked their buckets over. In frustration I said, "I can't help but think you weren't paying as much attention since you had Malachi out there." I took him by the hand to go take his bath. I was scrubbing his head when he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, it is a choice to be happy."

Wednesdays are hard because Marc has men's meeting at church, Matthew goes with him for scouts and McKenzie teaches piano lessons. Normally Marc puts Malachi to bed and it gives me a break in the evening. Tonight I was reading and praying with him. I often ask my children what their favorite thing about that day was. When I asked Malachi tonight he enthusiastically said, "Milking with Madeline!" Sometimes we have to be reminded of what is really important. Nothing like a little child to do that for you!


No comments: