Friday, March 11, 2011

Math with Mariah and other musings...

I always love math lessons the first half of the school year when things are so easy. After Christmas when we start hitting so many new concepts it always takes longer. Mariah is in her last twenty lessons of Saxon 2nd grade math. Today the subtracting two digit numbers where you have to borrow "clicked" with her. She excitedly said, "This is easy now!" Happy day for me too! We were sitting there doing the lesson and she said, "Sometimes you leave your lesson book open while I am doing my math and I see the answers." I asked her if she ever copied them and she said, "Oh, no ma'am. I just realize I am getting a whole bunch wrong!" Love her honesty! :)
McKenzie took some pictures for me recently. She has a much better eye for photography than I do.

Her personality coming out!


She is terrified of dogs!
She climbed up here to get away...
but the dog out-smarted her!





More goofiness. These two keep our house full of laughter!


Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Wonderful pictures! and I love the owl shirt... too cute!