Monday, November 29, 2010

Decorating the tree...

It has been years since we have had a live tree. Matthew had allergies as a baby and it was just easier to have an artificial one. For the last couple of years we have talked about having a live tree again. There is just something about the look and smell of a live tree! So, this year I sold our artificial tree on Craigslist (I LOVE that list!) and we bought a live tree! I really wanted something smaller. I like trees that aren't too tall and are kind of thin. When it comes to Christmas though, Matthew thinks bigger is better! He has always loved Christmas- the trees, lights and the decorating! Marc and I joke that when he has his own home one day he will have the most lit up house on the street!

Mariah was stressed out because she wanted me to get my small tree!

Madeline was siding with Matthew. She wanted a big tree too!





Myles woke up with all of the commotion and this was his first glimpse of the Christmas tree.


We started advent for our family "Bible time". We were all tired of the book we have done year after year. This year we made a switch and are doing Jotham's Journey. I think we were all glad for something new!


Hope you all have a good beginning of your CHRISTmas season!

2 comments:

Lauren E. said...

Looks like ya'll have been having fun. :-)
I LOVE those advent books! My Dad reads them to us just about every Christmas...

Monica said...

We're going to do Jotham's Journey too! We read the second one last year (by mistake) and it was great!