Thursday, October 21, 2010

A boy's dream...

We live in a farming community. It has given me a new appreciation for "organic" farming! There is a cotton field across the street from us. Shortly before they harvest it, they have a crop duster spray. It is so much fun to watch the plane, but I cringe at the toxic spray they are dumping on us! As soon as I hear it I make the kids come inside and we shut all of the windows. This year I decided to let them go out and watch it. The pilot was aware of us watching and he turned into a stunt pilot! It was a little unnerving watching how close he came to our house! Matthew has always been fascinated with airplanes. He dreams of flying one someday. He is looking into different career opportunities that would have something to do with airplanes. I think flying is terrifying and I told him that he was going to send me to an early grave! He said, "Oh mom, you don't want me to do anything!" If safety is an issue... that is probably true! :>)






"Chasing" the plane in his p.j.s, armor, mud boots, and cowboy hat!



Dreaming...

No comments: