Monday, March 16, 2009

Twelve Weeks and A Bad Week!

Week 12
Baby: The fetus now measures about 2.5 inches from crown to rump and weighs between three-tenths of an ounce and half an ounce. It is fully formed, from tooth buds to toenails, and your baby's job now is to continue getting larger and stronger for the rest of your pregnancy. With the most critical development behind the fetus, the chance of miscarriage drops considerably after this week.




It is amazing that I am already twelve weeks pregnant. Time is flying already and I really don't want it to go by fast. Even though it was hot I have such good memories of being pregnant with my last one during the summer. When this one is born, my last will turn three. That is hard to believe. They grow up WAY too fast.



We have had a very eventful last couple of weeks! My husband had the flu for a week. He was barely over that when we were celebrating Madeline's tenth birthday. We took her out to eat and then to get her ears pierced. While at the mall my 13 year old boy had money in his pocket and very generously spent it on the kiddie rides for our two year old. The only problem was that I wasn't there to disinfect EVERY surface. (I was at Claire's getting the ear piercing done!) So, two days later Malachi woke up from his nap and vomited EVERYWHERE. Any mom knows that if you have to clean up vomit you can pretty much count on getting the "bug" too. Two days later the next child threw up in the middle of the night. Again, I had to clean up vomit off of my bedroom floor. Two days after that two more children vomited in the middle of the night. Our oldest made it to the bathroom (actually she tried to be really nice and throw up off the front porch) but the ten year old threw up ALL over her bed! The next day I went to the laundry mat and used those HUGE front loaders. (I would love to have a set of those!) That evening I went for a bike ride and could feel something "not quite right" with my stomach. Sure enough, that evening it hit me. I THOUGHT pregnancy nausea was gross. It paled in comparison! The next afternoon my husband came home from work and he and the last child started throwing up! After LOTS of laundry, Pine Sol and Clorox I finally feel like my house is clean again! In the midst of all of this our six year old was riding her bicycle in the yard. She had learned how to ride her bike, but not how to use the brakes. She rode her bike right into the back end of a horse and the horse kicked her in the head. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. To make a long story short she came away with just an abrasion on the side of her head, on her shoulder and thigh. God was VERY merciful and we are grateful!



Grateful for Mariah and Hoping for a better week!!!




1 comment:

Kathy - mom of many said...

Wow, I can't imagine riding into a horse. Glad she is okay and that the rest of your family is well.