Saturday, October 27, 2018

Fair Day (day 1)

Our first day at the fair started out with our annual soap carving contest.  It is an easy way to get the family in for free and some of them actually enjoy it! :)
 

We had a dear sweet family that we have been friends with for years join us this year!  I wish I had taken more pictures!


                                                 So much talent!!! :)



The girls didn't enter any sewing or crocheting this year but Madeline did well in the food preservation!






The new "baby barn" was a high light this year!  Lots of baby pigs and calves.  We actually watched a cow in labor.



Elizabeth was very cautious around the animals.



These two...   Uncle and niece...… so funny!


A lunch break and a little horse show watching.



Waiting on a show.
 

 

I think the dairy cows are one of my favorite parts of the fair. I love seeing local farmers do what they do!


                                              Macheus loves animals!



#kemp for governor!  I love that my big kids are politically active!  Matthew even snagged an opponent's sign that was in a zone too close to a voting precinct.  :)


Me and one of my babies! <3 p="">

Oh my word..... McKenzie volunteered poor Matthew for this show.


Sweet girls waiting on the circus to start.


Gosh... they look so serious. :)

 
LOL.... we were trying to take a selfie :)
 

 
Watching the fireworks at the end of a fun day!
 




Lots of fun…. and that was day one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, we had way too much fun with y'all! Such sweet memories made. <3
~Olivia