Thursday, August 2, 2018

Home projects...

I think a while back I posted pictures of the boys' room after Matthew moved out.  Marc ripped old carpet up and put wood flooring down.   He then did the girls' room, and I am so glad there is no more carpet in our house (except my bedroom,,, and I like it in my room!)
 

We have spent the last year and a half cleaning out.  It is definitely a process but it is amazing how freeing it is to get rid of stuff!


 
I know I've mentioned it on here before but when my mom died we ended up bringing so much of her stuff into our house.  My sisters and I divided up everything that my dad wasn't using in his apartment.  The "stuff" was so consuming.  I recently passed a ton of crafting stuff that we had to a friend that will actually use it.  That was the best feeling to get it out of my house!  When someone dies it is difficult to get rid of their stuff.  However, I have learned that keeping a few special things and parting with things that aren't special or you aren't going to use is so much better!
 
 
The girls have a large walk-in closet and it was pretty full.  We recently finished getting it cleaned out and I love that they have EMPTY space in there now!

We still have more that we could get rid of but we are getting there!  It really is true that you feel more peaceful with less stuff!

No comments: