Sunday, March 11, 2018

Happy Birthday, Madeline!

Madeline Grace is 19!  This past year has been a big one for her.  She graduated from high school and college with her Associates last spring.  She also was hired at a music school teaching piano lessons last fall. 
 

The day of her birthday was a busy one. She had to take her piano students to festival so there wasn't really any partying that day.  The next day we had her favorite! Chocolate cheesecake!  The guys were all outside so she and I enjoyed a piece all by ourselves.  (We did share later!) :)


 
She started running a few months ago so we got her some new running shoes.  Matthew was so thoughtful this year.... he picked out some jewelry for her.  I love watching my kids give to each other.
 

Mariah was thoughtful too..... and McKenzie stopped by for a few minutes but we celebrated with her the next weekend.
 
The older she gets the more McKenzie reminds me of my mother.  She is such a giving and serving person.  She asked if she could host a party at her house for Madeline.
 

She and Daniel are getting close to being done with their house.  It is looking so good!


Two of Madeline's close friends that she has known since they were little came to celebrate with her. I am so thankful that she has sweet friends.  Several other friends and ladies came too. It was such a fun time with sweet friends!


She got lots of very thoughtful gifts.




McKenzie and Mariah did an amazing job with the food.  All I had to do was buy it and show up!
It really is nice having grown kiddos!



                                                Sweet group of friends!

 
And...... her latest news!
 

She has been saving for years and she paid cash for her first car!  When our kids get their license at age 18 we let them drive our truck until they have enough money to pay for a car on their own. I've been proud of all three accomplishing that goal!

 
I am so thankful for this girl!  She has been nothing but a joy and pleasure to raise. I know the Lord has big plans for her life and I look forward to watching them unfold!
 
"The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Marcy. Happy Easter. I am a Pastor from MUMBAI. I did come across your profile on the blogger and the blog post earlier and I may have commented on your blog post but since once again I came across your profile I just felt to make a comment and share about the opportunity for young people and the adults to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you and also know about your family with seven olive plants.I am truly blessed to visit your blog post and know about your children. Those are beautiful pictures of them on the post and they are truly like the olive shoots. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young grown up children come with their friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2018.